Repair Service Shipping Procedure:
What the repair service does NOT cover?
Physical damage, missing parts, repairs beyond the normal scope or price paid.
Sometimes the repairs included in the price do not fix your part and it falls into the "beyond repair" category.
If this is the case and you simply want the item back without further work, we charge a base $49.99 diagnosis, inspection, teardown and testing, and return shipping charge.
We can help you locate a replacement item. If it is a gauge cluster, we can also program correct mileage and VIN into it to ensure plug and play operation.
What happens when you buy the repair service?
1) Remove your item. This is usually straightforward and easy and can usually be accomplished within 5-10 minutes with basic hand tools. We can help you with directions and pictures of removal, just ask.
2) Properly package your item. There needs to be at least 2 inches of space between the item and the side of the box. You should also insure your package. We receive a fair amount of items that are just thrown into a box with no padding and arrive broken.
3) Print our work order form and odometer correction form if applicable and include them in the box. Click the "About Us" link on the left.
4) If sending a check, money order, or cashiers check make it payable to Tanin Auto or Tanin Auto Electronix.
5) Ship your item via UPS, or USPS. Prices vary depending on size. Boxes under 13oz can be shipped via USPS First Class for under $5. Boxes under 17x9x9 can be shipped fairly inexpensively via USPS Priority. Boxes over that size should be sent via UPS ground for the best price. We can send you a pre-paid shipping label for an extra cost, just ask!
6) Your item is generally repaired the same day it is received and returned via USPS First Class (3-5 day), Priority (1-3 day), or UPS Ground (1-6 day). We can ship your item back overnight or faster for an additional cost.
Ship the unit to:
7012 HWY 31, STE 100
Racine, WI 53402
What is the warranty? Warranty varies by item. Please see the item description for specific warranty information. If your item needs warranty repair after we fix it and send it back, all we charge is return shipping cost.
If your issues are not related to the work we performed then we charge our standard $69.99 hourly rate (See below). Remember, gauge clusters and most electronic items are simply a display screen. They display information, errors, and warnings from various computers and sensors in the car. For example, if your ABS light is on there is probably an issue with one of dozens of components outside of the cluster and not the cluster!