To remove the climate control from your Lexus ES dash, follow these instructions:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal to prevent any injury or short circuiting.
- Unclip and remove the plastic piece of trim located below the radio. Then take out the Phillips screws underneath this plastic piece that is shown in the first illustration. (Figure A)
- Use a small flat blade screwdriver to release the clips that hold the A/C vent assembly in place, thus removing the assembly. (Figure B)
- Remove the Phillips screws inside of the vent cavity (Figure B) and then you will be able to pull the climate control/radio assembly from the dash and disconnect all wiring. (Figure C)
- Remove the Phillips screws and bolts holding the factory brackets in place, then remove brackets from the climate controls and the radio.
Once the climate control is removed, package it according to the Tanin Auto Electronix website guidelines, using proper packaging material and allowing at least two inches of space between the item and the side of the box. Don’t forget to insure the package as well.
When sending in for our 1992 – 1996 Lexus ES300 climate control repair, make sure to also download the work order to send in for the repair service.
Contact us with any questions at 262-456-4147 or by email at email@example.com