Has the display on your climate control started to dim or gone completely blank? Or maybe the button lighting has failed, making it hard to see which button you are pressing at night. These are both issues our repair service will fix for 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 Chevy Corvette HVAC units.
While these climate controls are nearly impossible to find replacements for, we do offer an alternate solution for those of you hoping to avoid shipping your unit. If you have basic soldering skills and technical experience, then you can purchase our DIY bulb kit and replace the bulbs yourself. Keep in mind however that this solution is only to fix failed button lighting. If your display is also dim or blank, you will need to send it in for repair.
Whichever solution is best for you, that climate control will have to be removed from your vehicle. Next, you will find step-by-step instructions for how to do this.
- Remove the four torx-15 bolts in the armrest and remove it from the vehicle.
- Next, take off the traction control panel. This should come off easily.
- Two 10mm nuts will be holding the main console down. Remove the nuts and disconnect the arm rest cigarette lighter wires.
- Now you can remove the small plastic vent that is to the left of the ignition key using the tip of a flat blade screwdriver so as not to damage the element behind the vent. You will find a torx-15 screw behind it that will need to be removed as well.
- Remove the 2 torx-15 screws in the ash tray.
- Lift the E-brake back and carefully pull the main console up until it clears the arm rest. Remove the center console piece and set it somewhere safe, away from the work area.
- Last, remove the two 7mm bolts that are holding in the climate control.
Once you have removed the climate control, fill out our repair work order and ship your unit to Tanin Auto Electronix for repair!