This item is a new TAE (Tanin Auto Electronix) instrument cluster LCD screen set for 2003 – 2008 Mercedes SL350, SL500, SL600, SL55 and SL65 AMG – R230.
Common issues are the speedometer LCD glass displays will deteriorate, becoming difficult to read and cosmetically blemished. Don’t buy a used replacement instrument cluster that will need programmed by a dealer when you cluster can easily be repaired at home for a fraction of the cost.
Don’t be fooled by cheap replacements made overseas. Buy quality parts the first time from TAE.
No programming needed! Just plug and play video instructions will be provided. These parts simply Plug-In.
- Do NOT remove the LCD from the package by pulling the ribbon cable.
- Do NOT attempt to remove the LCD from the cardboard by pulling on the glass.
- Do NOT pull, handle, or hold the LCD by the ribbon cable.
- Do NOT insert the ribbon into the circuit board until the LCD is in place in the plastic holder.
- Do NOT pry, bend, or twist the socket the ribbon plugs into on the circuit board.
Doing any of these things will cause the LCD to NOT WORK! They are extremely delicate and you will damage the LCD assembly.
We can NOT warranty LCD’s that are broken on your end! Contact us with any questions!
We do not offer any additional technical support for this DIY part. Please watch the video shown below to ensure you are able to install this Mercedes LCD screen yourself.
If you are not confident in your abilities to install this, please let us take care of it for you with our repair service.
LCD Screen Installation